For my 1000th

SoulWinner

Commander
For my 1000th post I wanted to mark the occasion with something good. Well, after some thought, I decided that in line with my screen name, and in the vien of some of my posts regarding my faith I would like to share the words to one of my favorite songs with you all. It is called "Come Thou Fount" and here is the first and last part:<br /><br />Come, Thou Fount<br /><br />Come, thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;<br />Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise.<br />Teach me some melodious sonnet Sung by flaming tongues above.<br />Praise the mount - I'm fixed upon it, Mount of Thy redeeming love<br /><br />O to grace how great a debtor Daily I'm constrained to be!<br />Let Thy goodness like a fetter Bind my wandering heart to Thee<br />Prone to wander-Lord I feel it- Prone to leave the God I love;<br />Here's my heart- O take and seal it, Seal it for Thy courts above. <br /><br />Well, there it is. Brings tears to me just to hum along. I think I'l go fire up the old bag pipes and play it. God bless you wonderful folks.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: For my 1000th

Bless you, too, SW!<br />Thanks for sharing such a wonderful hymn.<br /><br />
17_1_10.gif
<br /><br />And Congrats on your 1,000th post!

brother chris

Commander

Bless you SoulWinner. <br />The Lord is our strength and our foundation.<br />Amen brother.<br /><br />Something I want to share with you SW. <br />Thou I walk through the valley of the SHADOW of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me. <br />When you read that verse, remember, it is not the valley of death, it is the valley of the SHADOW of death. <br />Meaning: the valley is not filled with death, for there is Light as well in that valley, or else there would not be a shadow....meaning: you can't have a shadow without Light.<br />Meaning: the Lord is with us at all times no matter where we are at!<br />Praise God! :) :D :)

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks a lot Soul Winner,<br /><br />Now, you've got me humming that hymn just before lunch! ;) I appreciate you sharing it. :cool: