For Franki Member#6574 (100esl72)

sawcat

Seaman Apprentice
they will work franki. ive done it atime or two. get a sending unit& gauge, Ive got an old aluminum street sign that i use for making the brakets. depending on the size threads on sending unit, cut strip off the sign long & wide enough to make braket in the shape of of an L with a backwards leg at the top also. on one end drill hole to bolt onto waterjacket head plate the other end drill hole just big enough so that sending unit threads will self tap. configure brakett so that when bolted to head the sending unit, when screwed in will bottom out on top of head. after all is said & done you will have to read gauge when engine is warmed up & running normal this reading will be your happy medium it works great if you can decipher my descrption. the last one i did was on a 1963 v-4 johnson. goodluck :D

Franki

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: For Franki Member#6574 (100esl72)

Thanks mate, I think I understand, you use the aluminuium bracket to hold the temp sensor up hard against the head.. <br /><br />Did you run wiring all the way through the control cable to get the guage up to the control panel?<br /><br />rgds<br /><br />Frank

Franki

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: For Franki Member#6574 (100esl72)

Hi Mr Sawcat, I don't suppose you have any photos of the finished job? I wouldn't mind seeing one if you have..<br /><br />and what about a tacho, the remote is a self contained unit, has the key in it and all, no wiring to go into the dash, can I still hook up a tack to it?<br /><br /><br />rgds<br /><br />Frank