For Carphunter and GG

aspeck

Staff member
A father and son went hunting together for the first time. The father said, "Stay here and be very QUIET. I'll be across the field."<br /><br />A few minutes later, the father heard a bloodcurdling scream and ran back to his son. "What's wrong?" the father asked. "I told you to be quiet."<br /><br />The son answered, "Look, I was quiet when the snake slithered across my feet. I was quiet when the bear breathed down my neck. I didn't move a muscle when the skunk climbed over my shoulder. I closed my eyes and held my breath when the wasp stung me. I didn't cough when I swallowed the gnat. I didn't cuss or scratch when the poison oak started itching. But, when the two chipmunks crawled up my pant legs and said, 'Should we eat them here or take them with us?' Well, I guess I just panicked."

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: For Carphunter and GG

So true, so true :D :D <br /><br />I took the back way into my treestand the other day and found a large hole with ground wasps flying in and out. So I get to my tree climb up and 10 yards from me there is a huge white-faced paper wasp nest (the leaves are falling so it sticks out big time now). It was just destiny that I was going to get stung that evening, somehow I avoided it.<br /><br />How's your season going? I have passed on a few does, still waiting for the hardware heads to show up. I took a 125 bear saturday, hunt101 photo hosting is down right now, but as soon as it's back on line I'll post the photos.

KaGee

Admiral

Poor kid.... he gets no respect!<br /><br />Just like Rodney... there will never be another Rodney.

aspeck

Staff member

GG, you stuck a cub?!?! Or was that the neighbor's dog?<br /><br />Only saw one nice buck on Saturday, but by that time I had the .223 and was plinking pasture pigs! The rack just waltzed right along the edge of the field! URGH! Oh well, I know where he lives, so it gives me more of an opportunity to be in the woods.

gaugeguy

Captain

Yeah, it was a small one. Not a cub though. I wasn't gonna stick him, but he was acting pretty aggressive towards me. He started climbing the tree I was in, I spooked him out of the tree, but he wouldn't leave the area. I was doused in apple scent, and I am sure he thought I was a giant apple, and I didn't want him chowing on me. For 125 pounds he had 1-1/2" canines and hooks over an inch long. Black bears kill humans by giving them a "bear hug" and then disemboweling you with their back hooks (kinda like a cat playing with a mouse). So I stuck him, and to show how aggressive he was, after it was hit it did not run away, he stayed right there looking at me.

Carphunter

Commander

Lol Aspeck. :D <br /><br />I have only been huntin myself once so far, and saw nothin but does. (Our season started 10/1). I just finished my part on the garage, so I can start spending the time in the woods now. I did take my best friends son out the other day, and I filmed him shoot a 105-lb doe. He made a perfect shot at 18 yards, and man was he excited, (and so was I). Sure is fun takin kids huntin and watchin their excitement. Got it all on film too, so he can watch it over and over. That doe ran straight off of this bluff, (100' drop), and we found her floating in Blue river!<br /><br />Congrats GG, glad we don't have them dang bears around here. Animal wise, the only thing that we have to worry about is the occasional wild dog, other than that, other people are the only thing that scares me.

aspeck

Staff member

Amazing canines and hook for that size bear! Are you sure it wasn't the neighbors German Shepherd? Just kidding! I'll take it easy on ya since it was an attack dog, er, I mean, bear!<br /><br />In all seriousness GG, never have I gotten a bear, so yours is 125lbs bigger than any that I have ever gotten. We have a 3 day bear season and will see them in archery season and deer rifle season, but never in the 3 day bear season. Well, can't say never, my brother got a 256 lber one year, but that is it for us and bear.

gaugeguy

Captain

Bears here are becoming a problem, up until 5 years ago I had never seen one in the wild. I have seen 4 this year alone, and one is roaming around my backyard. We've had lousy mast crops the last couple years so it forces the bears into populated areas to find food.<br /><br />That is wicked cool you got a kid on tape Carp, I can just picture his excitement. Can't wait until my boys can yank back 45 pounds so I can put them in treestands.