For all you Fathers

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
What Is A Father? <br /><br />A father is a person who is forced to endure childbirth without an<br />anesthetic. He growls when he feels good and laughs very loud when he<br />is scared half-to-death. <br /><br />A father never feels entirely worthy of the worship in a child's eyes.<br />He is never quite the hero his daughter thinks. Never quite the man<br />his son believes him to be. And this worries him sometimes. (So he<br />works too hard to try to smooth the rough places in the road of those<br />of his own who will follow him.) <br /><br />A father is a person who goes to war sometimes... and would run the<br />other way except that war is part of an important job in his life<br />(which is making the world better for his children than it has been<br />for him). <br /><br />Fathers grow older faster than other people, because they, in other<br />wars, have to stand at the airport and wave goodbye to the uniform<br />that climbs on board the plane. <br /><br />And, while mothers cry where it shows, fathers stand and beam...<br />outside... as they endure the pain inside. <br /><br />Fathers are men who give daughters away to other men who aren't nearly<br />good enough, so that they can have children that are smarter than<br />anybody's. <br /><br />Fathers fight dragons almost daily. They hurry away from the breakfast<br />table off to the arena, which is sometimes called an office or a<br />workshop. There they tackle the dragon with three heads: Weariness,<br />Works, and Monotony. And they never quite win the fight, but they<br />never give up. <br /><br />Knights in shining armor; fathers in shiny trousers. There's little<br />difference as they march away each workday. <br /><br />And when a Father passes away, and after a good rest, he won't just<br />sit on a cloud and wait for the girl he's loved and the children she<br />bore. He'll be busy there too... repairing the stars, oiling the<br />gates, and in general helping smooth the way for others. <br />Thank you for all you do Dads.<br />Bassy :)

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
Re: For all you Fathers

Thats probably why statistically men live shorter lives than their spouses.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Nice, Bassy. Thanks. :)

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Very appreciated, thank you Bassy.<br /><br />Generally I think a father is nothing more that the male who impregnated the mother, but a DAD is all you said. But i won't play semantics, I'll just revel in what you so generously posted.<br /><br />Thank you Bassy.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

I never knew that I was so cool... thanks Bassy.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Feels that way down here too! Cheers mate<br />Ross

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

Lost my dad lasts july .on reading your post it hurts a tiny bit less .thanks

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Thanks. Nothing better that to come home and have the 3 yr old come screaming at the door ...daddy daddy daddy.<br /><br />Makes my day.<br /><br />Ken

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow, thanks for posting that! That was very cool... :cool: <br /><br />Butch A.

Realgun

Commander

Do I really have to give my Daughter away?<br />That makes me sad. <br /><br />This is a wonderful post Bassy.