Foot pain......Grrrrrrrrrrrr

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
About two months ago, I injured my foot. The doc said I broke a bone on the outside of my foot. I am not whinning but I have been in considerable pain for the past two months. I comes and goes. One week I can't walk and the next there is no pain at all. I am wondering if I have nerve damage or something. Is this a standard healing process for a broken foot. I have had my fill of this injury but perhaps this is just par for the course. The doctor is a podiatrist and seems on top of the thing but I am starting to wonder.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Foot pain......Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Once a bone is healed there should not be any pain with it. I would check on a tendon or nerve as the culprit.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Bummer pointer.......Im kinda in the same boat.....about 6-7 weeks ago I was jogging and twisted my ankle. I heard a loud crack or pop and it hurt like crazy. It swelled up a bit and I thought I sprained it. In my infinete wisdom i decided to forgo any medical treatment due to either machoism or fear of doctors.....Im not sure yet :) In about a day or two I was back up on it so I figured no biggie. Well it has yet to get back to normal. There is still swelling on my ankle bone, or least I think its swelling. My wife says it feels like some liquid on the ankle. It is still very week and it hurts to even swim. I am unable to to jog and Im begining to wonder if I did more than sprain it. Sorry to hijack your thread, but I broke my foot once too and it took awhile to heal and it was quite painful sometimes......SBN is prolly right, sounds like it could be something else though.....two months is ample time to heal a broken bone.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Yea Mike,<br /><br />This foot injury stuff sucks. I am getting to the point where I have to do something additional in terms of diagnonis. I think you better get that looked at, but they say a sprain is worse than a break in terms of pain, and may take months to heal. Hang tough. BYW you can't hijack my threads, just improve them. ;)

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

I broke my foot in a rodeo mishap when I was a young lad, and then again the same foot in another livestock brawl a year later. I limped real good for alotta years till I broke it again a couple of years ago in another horse incident. The third time was a charm since it seemed to fix me. I was in a cast the first 2 times, not the last, maybe the bones finally reset themselves correctly. In other words, a good set of xrays might help to find where the misalignment is. And for the fix, you don't wanna hear it. Chief ;)