foot controlled trolling motor question

ngt

Master Chief Petty Officer
New to trolling motors. Haven't been lake fishing much. Never even seen someone use a foot controlled trolling motor. I saw one on craigslist and it's a 36lb motor guide for $100. Foot controlled with the mount and everything. So here are the questions:

how do you turn with it?

I saw the dial on top of the motor that showed which way you were going. I saw the dial on the foot pedal to switch speeds and go...

she couldn't get the little knob to turn to get the motor to fold out and she said she got two from some old guy and never used it.

It's basically this pedal.

3nd3k73p75Y65Q35Rda3lc17738f98c5012ba.jpg

Are there some old ones that don't turn? I figured that would be needed for foot controlled trolling on a lake.

Sorry for the stupid question, but like I said, never seen one used before.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: foot controlled trolling motor question

What brand of motor are we talking about? you turn by rocking your foot on the pedal. Pressing on the right side turns right. Pressing on the left turns left. Stepping on the GO button makes it go. There is no on/off switch except perhaps setting the speed control knob to zero.

ngt

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: foot controlled trolling motor question

What brand of motor are we talking about? you turn by rocking your foot on the pedal. Pressing on the right side turns right. Pressing on the left turns left. Stepping on the GO button makes it go. There is no on/off switch except perhaps setting the speed control knob to zero.

that clears everything up. thanks!