Foot Control?

jofish

Seaman Apprentice
I just installed a 46lb thrust Motorguide foot control on my 17' fish & ski and used it for the past week camping and fishing seems to work fine but the foot control seemed to be extremly sensitive. I looked thru the owners manual to see if there was and way to add a little "stiffness" to the pedal coundn't find anything,is it just a matter of practice or are there some tricks? I have always used transom mount in the past so this is new to me.

trumanlake

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Foot Control?

is this a cable operated steering? if so let me know should be able to help.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Just swapped my cable steer for an electric steer model.<br />Took me all of 5 minutes to fall in love with it.<br />Its really nice to be able to operate the troller from the other end of the boat.

jofish

Seaman Apprentice

MNMarine Man I was getting better by the end of the week but it was still getting me if I didn't stay focused. Trumanlake, I assume it is cable controled but between installing it and converting the boat from a bowrider to a fish and ski I was hard pressed to get ready for the trip and haven't really"dug into it" any help will be appreciated!Rosco, between adding a kicker motor ,new trolling motor and the bowrider to fish& ski conversion if I tried to upgrade to the electric steering model the wife would come unglued! Gotta live with what I have, actually everything works great just trying to tweak things a bit. Thanks for the replys