Fool proof plan for the next hurricane

FLATHEAD

Captain
I say we get all the heads of the mainstream media, and all the journalist and let them set a plan in place when the next hurricane threatens the USA. Their knowledge of storms of this magnitude is second to none. Maybe then we would not have to listen all day and all night how it should have been done. I am sure they would not miss a trick, nothing would slip by them, no doubt we would all be better off.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Fool proof plan for the next hurricane

You sure got that right :) <br /><br />Perhaps that also goes for a few of our iboats members.

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

The Bush idiots couldn't get in. Homeland security, FEMA, etc. The media could? What is wrong with this scenario??????? Idiots who keep making excuses for Bush. Shame on you. <br /> Wave the flag, pretend you are a patriot, jump up and down then say the liberal's are the fault. Call upon God, morality and all the idealog's running around with 100 year old let the rich get richer and fu the rest. <br /> I saw looters in New Orleans who decided they know better or will take advantage of the situation. Most everyone said this is wrong.<br /> We have scum like that in Minnesota. They are called "replacement mechanics for Northwest Airlines. I do not work for them . These are the same people. These are the same people who support the idiots in power. <br /> Go ahead and destroy the Uninted States. You will be the first to leave. Cowards.

D

DJ

telmanmn,<br /><br />The news media is ALWAYS there first. Get a clue.<br /><br />Why is it their vans, helicoptors, etc. weren't loaded with humanitarian aid?????<br /><br />I'll tell you why. THEY DIDN'T GIVE A DAMN. STILL DON'T. The ONLY thing they were interested in was CARNAGE-and a later agenda.<br /><br />Signed, a smarter idiot than you'll EVER be, as a whole. :D :D :D :D <br /><br />Your reply was SO ludicrous, I could reply and then have a good laugh.<br /><br />Thanks for that.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Since were talking about the intelegence of our media Our local(twin cities)Fox 9 live truck went down there without gas...There first live report was them out of gas in Slidell LA....Golly gee whoda thought we wouldn't be able to get gass down here :confused: ... :D

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

Just saw a group of college kids on cnn who went in and out to the astrodome and took people out. Bush's lackey's couldn't do it. huh , huh, huh, huh etc. Morons.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

How many times do you guys on the left have to be explained that It was first and formost the state and local Government responsability to handle this disaster and if they decided that they needed help they then would ask the Fedral Government for help. If Bush would have come in and taken control the day before or of the huricane you lefties would be crying foul about that.You say Bushes lackys are morons because they couldnt come in and get it done well how abut your Dem Govenor down there? or how about your Dem Mayor down there? Whats there excuse? Bush is not perfect, but I tell you what come up with one other Prez who has delt with all the garbage he has and still be able to hold his head up....DID YOU HEAR THAT TELmanmn Just do that one thing and I will for once concede that a leftie is really trying to debate an issue and not try to manipulate peoples feelings through lies or sidestepping issues.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

telmanmn, why you using silly comparisons like "looters = aircraft mechanics" and name-calling like "scum" "idiot" and "moron"?<br /><br />Don't you have anything of substance to say? <br /><br />Do you think that makes you look smarter, or stupider?<br /><br />Do you think people sit up and take notice, and consider your point of view, when you call them names, or do you think they write you off as crackpot, and make fun of you?<br /><br />Just asking.<br /><br />Oh, and let me know when those two college kids have placed all the evacuees, not just a couple families...then I'll be really impressed.

rogerwa

Commander

As to the NWA replacement workers. I say good for them. The execs have to answer to the shareholders (not the workers). The mechanics Union is doing their best they can to shut the airline down and put it out of business. Really stupid time to be striking. There is a reason the other unions are not stiking along side. Where will the mechanics work when the airline is belly up becasue the labor is holding them hostage and taking away their ability to mangage the business.<br /><br />If you disagree you need to take an economics class.<br /><br />I will take the "Bush idiot" reference personally. Frankly it says more about you than it does about me..

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I got a regional airline here needs aircraft mechanics...have to take a biiiiiig pay cut though, non-union shop...they'll have to drop their wrenches to throw bags for 3 flights a day. might have to work on ground equipment.

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by telmanmn:<br /> The Bush idiots couldn't get in. Homeland security, FEMA, etc. The media could? What is wrong with this scenario??????? Idiots who keep making excuses for Bush. Shame on you. <br /> Wave the flag, pretend you are a patriot, jump up and down then say the liberal's are the fault. Call upon God, morality and all the idealog's running around with 100 year old let the rich get richer and fu the rest. <br /> I saw looters in New Orleans who decided they know better or will take advantage of the situation. Most everyone said this is wrong.<br /> We have scum like that in Minnesota. They are called "replacement mechanics for Northwest Airlines. I do not work for them . These are the same people. These are the same people who support the idiots in power. <br /> Go ahead and destroy the Uninted States. You will be the first to leave. Cowards.
BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! ............BLA! BLA! BLA! vBLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! ..........BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA! BLA!<br /><br />What you said was hilarious.. :D ...please keep it up. :)

one more cast

Captain

I'm neither left nor right. What I see is just a HUGE mess and with no way to communicate the big mess just became a bigger mess. I believe the local government is most responsible and more should have been done to evacuate the city before the storm hit.

harkawy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Question: If missiles from a foreign country were on their way to the golf coastline of the United States, whose responsibility is it to protect the coastline? The state where the missiles are headed or the Federal Government?<br /><br />Question: Could a hurricane be considered an act of war by Mother Nature? If so then again whose responsibility is it to protect the coastline? The state where the hurricane is headed or the Federal Government?<br /><br />Question: Who would have been harmed if the US Government had sent troops and supplies to staging areas in relative proximity to the effective area(s) in anticipation of the need for such items.<br /><br />I certainly don't have the answers to these questions but I surely would like to read your opinions here.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

okay here's my opinions:<br />1. federal<br />2. no<br />3. the people of the State of Louisiana (a rhetorical answer to a rhetorical question)