fogging yes or no?

coby-5

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 90 hp mercury outboard......garage kept....question is do i need to fog?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: fogging yes or no?

Fogging helps prevent corrosion during extended periods of non use.<br />Its your decision whether you do it or not.<br />I do.

LubeDude

Admiral

Im in Oregon, my boat is outside tarped up, I dont fog or use a fuel additive, I do turn the engine over at least once a month, and I pump my bulb at the same time to keep the carbs from drying out. Ive done things this way for 35 years with no problems. Now, the decision is yours. I have no problems with those that do however! Some day I may be sorry.

JRJ

Commander

I don't fog mine. Took it out of the garage today and it fired right up. Hadn't been started since August. 115 Johnson 4-stroke. So..fog it or run it! Don't let it sit too long.

KCLOST

Commander

I also have my boat in the garage and haven't fogged it yet.... But no doubt it won't hurt to do so... Diffinitely use some stabilizer in the fuel for extended (winter) storage at least...

teamstromer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i have an 04 merc 90 2 stroker. i fogged it as a precaution to help protect my investment.

artburr

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have had MANY outboards in the last 50 years. I have NEVER fogged (until recently) or used stabilizer and haven't had any problems. I'm a little spooked with my new 4 stroke. Seems like it might not retain as much lube as a 2 stroke but that is a guess. Also, I live in a mild climate (Oregon) and usually don't go for more than a few months w/o using my motors.