Fogging for storage

Cortes165

Seaman
This might sound trivial but after all the $$ I spent on this engine,I just want to make sure i'm doing this correct. This is on my V4. I have a can of Evinrude fogging oil with the screw fttg which I will hook up to the fttg on the engine. Instead of spraying in the carbs, does this fttg feed all 4 cylinders at the same time?<br />To get the full benefit of this fogging oil, do I just let her spray until the engine smokes like crazy and wants to quit. I'm going to guess more is better.<br />Thanks for any advise

D

DJ

Re: Fogging for storage

Cortes,<br /><br />Yes, the fitting allows a more even distribution.<br /><br />Run the engine, just above idle, not to exceed 2K RPM's and let her have it until she just about dies. The neighbors will NOT like you.<br /><br />Just as important, treat the fuel BEFORE you fog it. Make sure it has treated fuel throughout the fuel system.<br /><br />As for the fuel treatment, use Sta Bil, Sea Foam (NAPA) or OMC/Bombardier genuine. I believe the OMC/Bombi. stuff is still called 2+4.

Brew2

Chief Petty Officer

Yup, you got it. The fitting you are referring to is on the primer solinoid which will feed to all four cylinders.<br /><br />Since there is usually a little oil left in the can when I'm done, I take out the plugs, spray a little oil in each plug hole, then turn the flywheel by hand for a revolution or two.<br /><br />Don't forget to change the lower unit oil. <br /><br />Winter comes too dam fast in this province!!<br /><br />Cheers.

Brew2

Chief Petty Officer

Gotta learn to type faster!! <br /><br />Good advice re treating the fuel.<br /><br />Cheers.

D

DJ

Brew2,<br /><br />Thanks.<br /><br />The lower unit is a MUST do for any cold weather climates. Make sure to replace the fill/drain plug seals.

Cortes165

Seaman

This site is great. Thanks a lot for the info. And I was going to change the oil too.<br /><br />Brew2......I like winter but the old boat just didn't get a lot of hours this year.