FM 146 Front Pedestal post

volant1006

Recruit
Hello, new to the forum. So I have a 1986 Sea Nymph fishing machine 146. It came with a front pedestal seat. I was hoping to replace the front pedestal but I can't remove the old one. Are these things screwed (threaded) into the base plate? The base plate on the floor has 6 philips head screws but when you try to loosen them they just spin. Do they have nuts on the bottom? I can't seem to get the deck off to look. Removed all the screws holding the deck down but when you try to lift the deck up, the base plate for the seat doesn't allow you to lift the deck. With enough force and maybe some penetrating oil should I be able to just twist this pedestal out? I have a replacement but can't get the original out. Any info is greatly appreciated since I'm stuck at this point. My only other option would be to hack up the original floor and start poking around but I'd rather not do that if there's another way. I have a picture from a video that looks to be the same boat as mine with the deck off where the seat would be.

Attachments

• IMG_4503.JPG
    IMG_4503.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5350.JPG
    IMG_5350.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1272.JPEG
    IMG_1272.JPEG
    2.6 MB · Views: 2

Mark ofs

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Yes, they are bolts with nuts. I wound up Sawzalling them off, cut them off under the plate. I used a flathead screwdriver to make some space between the plate and the floor.