Flyrod, are there any signs out there?

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Hello Flyrod.<br />I am having a severe attack of cabin fever.Here it is middle of March and no iceout anywhere around here.More is the matter,it is bloody snowing.<br />Tell me Flyrod, what does the water look like?Are there any scouts out yet??? Have you heard of herring or mackerel???Are the birds beginning to stir??? Please tell me,is there any sign of spring??? Kevin priced himself right out of my range and the yankie fleet was renamed the knotters fleet by my son after his lines were knotted up for the umpteenth time last year.I will have to come out with my own rig and although I am trying to get her seaworthy after a hard season and a long winter,it still does not ease the bug in me.Please tell me you have seen signs of spring<br />!!!

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: Flyrod, are there any signs out there?

:) Hello rolmops!!!<br /><br />If you are looking for stripers, they will not be here till the middle or end of May as I was looking at my past fishing charters to see how early they arrive over the years!!!<br /><br />This would have been a good month to have gone to Virgina!!!! Stripers all over the place!!! January is very good in the Carolinas'!!!!<br /><br />Yankee fleet has begun their fishing season for cod and haddock!!! Reports are that they are not doing well at the moment!!!!<br /><br />Water temp is around 36o on the surface!!! Kinda cold!!!! ;) :cool:

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: Flyrod, are there any signs out there?

:) Update on Yankee fleet!!!<br />Talked to a friend that works one of the boats, "The Patriot"!!! Plenty of haddock yesterday, no cod!!!! ;) :cool: