Fly Fishing

Fly Rod

Commander
:) With the storm coming up the coast Saturday and a cancelled fishing trip,I had the nice mild morning to myself, to do some fly fishing!!! Went out looking for birds that may give the indication of football tuna [25-100lbs]!! Well no such luck!!! headed towards the shore line to cast amongest the rocks!!! Ended up catching several blue fish in the 4-6lb. class on a spike mackeral imatation about 5" long!!! ;) :cool:

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Fly Fishing

There is just no such thing as a bad day of fishing is there FlyRod. :)

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

How could anyone fishing for flies, end up catching a Bluefish? Since when do flies swim? Fly Rod, please come back from the dark side.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) You have never fished till ya felt the fish on the fly!!! ;) :cool:

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Put a flyrod in my hands and I become a lethal weapon.. Anyone or anything within a half mile of me best get away while i'm casting.... :D Took my own hat off once!

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Hooked a big one once using a 5" deceiver and 30lb test line!!!<br /><br />Hooked it around the head area!!!<br /><br />Surprisingly it didn't put up a fight, considering it's size!!!<br /><br />From the deck of the boat it stood approx. 6'-2"!!<br /><br />Weighed about 252lbs.!!!<br /><br />Kinda big to catch on a fly and #10 weight rod!!!<br /><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />>It was my fishing partner!!!!! ;) :cool:

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

SEE! I done tole you its fishing from the dark side. Can't we all just fish for food?