Flushing a Tohatsu M115A

tablerockboater

Petty Officer 1st Class
A new-to-me Tohatsu M115A.

Has anyone ever used that flushing port in the lower unit? It's next to, and looks the same as, where you put in lower unit lube. Mine does not look like it's ever been touched. I assume you take the cap off and screw in a hose-end attachment for a garden hose. I think you are supposed to tape off the strainer openings.

I intend to use it in salt water, and would like to flush it after tilting it up, with muffs.

Last edited:

tablerockboater

Petty Officer 1st Class
A new-to-me Tohatsu M115A.

Has anyone ever used that flushing port in the lower unit? It's next to, and looks the same as, where you put in lower unit lube. Mine does not look like it's ever been touched. I assume you take the cap off and screw in a hose-end attachment for a garden hose. I think you are supposed to tape off the strainer openings.

I intend to use it in salt water, and would like to flush it after tilting it up, with muffs.
I meant to say "without" muffs, the whole reason I'm asking about the Flushing port.

I've read the manual and it isn't helpful, other that letting you know it's there.

I've asked Tohatsu, to see if they have a flushing attachment. I google-found one, but not for that motor model.

pvanv

Admiral

FRESHWATER FLUSHING PLUG (40D~140A 2-STROKE & TLDI)​

a

Description

Attaches hose to motor in order to flush motor with freshwater after use in saltwater and/or brackish water.

Fits 40D ~ 140A 2-stroke models and 40-115 TLDI models

Note: picture may not be of actual part

Part #: 3B7600070M
List Price (MSRP): $8.75

tablerockboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

a

Description

Attaches hose to motor in order to flush motor with freshwater after use in saltwater and/or brackish water.

Thanks. I've seen that online, but the models listed were less HP ones.

That sure looks like it. Has anyone used that?

Here it is in the manual:
https://www.tohatsu.com/marine/common/owners_manual/pdf/Toh115A.pdf

Page 50

I assume you tape over the underwater strainers and that forces fresh water upward to the pee hole.

Most Flush attachments I've seen are at the top, not the lower unit.

tablerockboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

a

Description

Oops, It does not show the M115A, and only goes back to '96. Mine is a '95.

I've asked Tohatsu.
- - - - - -
Tohatsu said that's the right one . . . all 115 lower units are the same.

Last edited:

tablerockboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oops, It does not show the M115A, and only goes back to '96. Mine is a '95.

I've asked Tohatsu.
- - - - - -
Tohatsu said that's the right one . . . all 115 lower units are the same.
Mine arrived today.

There is no way to attach a garden hose, so I asked. They said cut off the end of a garden hose and slide the hose over the attachment.
- - - - - -
I hate to jinx it, but the '95 Hurricane FunDeck my wife had us get is really sweet. We've had it out on Table Rock Lake, near Branson, and it's in a wet slip in our dock. Everything seems to be working like it should. We'll put it back on the trailer and take it to our Florida place.