flush mount kit for stereo

Cadet
hey guys, wondering if anyone knows where i can get a flush mount kit that will fit a car stereo? the hole for my stereo is right on the dash with nothing above or below to attach the mounting bracket to. uve checked all the mega stores to no avail. thanks in advance<br /><br />karma

magster65

Commander
Re: flush mount kit for stereo

Any car stereo installation joint should have what you need. They seem to have everything including 'sound' advice for any mounting or set-up questions.

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

karma...not sure what kind of stereo you are installing but for mine I just cut the whole, put in the DIN shell, bent all the tabs down to secure it and then slid the stereo into the shell and slapped the faceplate on, mine isn't attached to anything other than the shell and I haven't had any problems.

nissan300z90

Cadet

Is there already a hole cut where you want to place the radio? If there is and its not the right size you can take plexi glass and make a new panel to cover the old hole up. You can buy it at most hardware stores and you can also paint the back side of the plexi any color you want to match. After you make a new panel just cut the right size holes for what size radio you are fitting into it. ABS plastic will also work for this but it will not look as nice. If there is no prexisting hole you just need to cut into the boat the right size hole to slide it into. I would also use the backstrap that is provided with most radios to support the back. If there is no back strap you should take some "plumbers strap" and make a sturdy back strap for it. The back strap will keep it from bouncing around as you hit waves and will also relieve the stress on the front mounting plate.