Floridians, Check your air conditioners!!

LubeDude

Admiral
Going to be warm there today, glad Im on the Oregon coast! Is it true you can drown if you breath too deep there.

oddjob

Commander
Re: Floridians, Check your air conditioners!!

naw its not that bad, unless the sun shines after a small shower..

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

You are right, lubedude. All of the technicians are out and working thier respective tails off. 1 out of every 2 vehicles on the road are AC repair people.

ndemge

Commander

Finally cooled back off here (st. louis)only highs of 87 the rest of the week.<br /><br />Heat index of 111 yesterday, put on my PFD before walking outside it was so muggy.

salty87

Commander

the a/c guy is at my place right now checking everything out and cleaning up motors and coils....just bought the place and am getting it checked-out.<br /><br />98 here today

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

we ain't bean over 105 yet here, guess it's time for me to get a t-top... :D

oddjob

Commander

Ok , I did lose a/c on saturday at the house. Just needed a charge, thank the lord. Hope my elect. bill comes down some now..

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

I have been thinking about using passive solar air conditioning. :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

A/C's just fine... :D <br />4:45 pm, Currently outside on my patio in the shade :cool: , it's 95 degrees.. Humidity prolly 70-80%?... just right!<br /><br />Couple weeks ago I had 104 on my patio in the shade.. What'd I do? Went out in the direct sun an welded on my trailer for a couple hours.... :p

LubeDude

Admiral

I lived in Mesa Az. for about 1 1/2 years. I couldnt take it anymore so moved back to Oregon even though My wife and I both had the best jobs we ever had and made more money there. Just couldnt handle the summers.<br /><br />It was a dry heat though! :D :D

DC698

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I don't know how you guys can live and work in that heat 24/7 365 days! It was a nice comfortable 68 degrees today. I work outdoors all year round and would still rather deal with the freezing temps and snow in the middle of January than the 100+ temps. 9 months of the year. My wife would love to move to Florida.. I told her to send me a postcard. :)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I'm the exact opposite.. I need heat.... I can't physically function in cold weather (can't breathe or move right) If it's below say 68-70 i'm cold, but it's tollerable and even enjoyable for a while... But below 60, forget it man, I'm indoors and a perminate resident in front of the heater... <br /><br />Contrary to popular belief it is'nt that hot year round... Average temp in WPB is just a tad over 74degrees.. We'll have 6 months where 90's+ are possible... <br /><br />It does get cold here.. Coldest I seen was 26 degress.. I have even seen it snow here.. That was back in about 1977, and then only a light dusting, but snow none the less (my pop threatend to sell the house right then and move the key west :D )...

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Ugghh! That humidity gets to me. Give me 100+ I'm fine, add 80% or higher of humidity and I'm a mess. You think women glow? Not me, I sweat! So, no thanks. I'll take the dry 100+ anyday. 104 here today with a low of 72. <br />Bassy

DC698

Petty Officer 2nd Class

104 degrees?? thats just wrong.. :) I dont care if its "dry" either. 104 Deg. IS 104 Deg. Too hot! Its a nice 61 Deg. here right now at 10:45pm with the windows open. Nice cool air!