Florida's not alone

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant
There are storms in places other than sunny Florida. Here is some storm damage from Sweeden. <br />Be warned....it's not for the faint of heart. It sure is scary what mother nature can dish out when she gets angry. (Be sure to read the text first)<br /><br /> Sweeden storm damage

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Florida's not alone

That happened here once and it was a total loss.<br />Were they able to salvage anything?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have had that happen also.<br />Mine was a total loss.<br />Just blew away and never did find it.<br />So sad. :(

KaGee

Admiral

Think of what it must of done to the trailer! (snick)

gaugeguy

Captain

As bad as Florida got hit, Haiti really got nailed. Hundreds dead, thousands homeless. Don't hear much about them though...

CoachHolland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Dear God, the carnage in that picture... It's a wonder that anyone survived that. Clean up could take years and billions of dollars. <br /><br />Poor Sweden. :(

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Uff Da, such a Strom, I mean storm!<br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by CoachHolland:<br /> Dear God, the carnage in that picture... It's a wonder that anyone survived that. Clean up could take years and billions of dollars. <br /><br />Poor Sweden. :(
Is there any federal funding assistance for the poor people who suffered this devestation? How will they get by?

gaugeguy

Captain

I just checked the link :rolleyes: <br /><br />I hope insurance will cover that.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

When the catastrophe hit me, I applied to FEMA for some help and they told me that funding for such a catastrophe was not yet available.<br /><br />Go figure. :D

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> When the catastrophe hit me, I applied to FEMA for some help and they told me that funding for such a catastrophe was not yet available.<br /><br />Go figure. :D
That's because you are an American... The Swedes will qualify under Foreign Aide programs. ;)

GradyBob

Cadet

I think everyone missed the picture. The original picture was a landscape photo - you know the big part of the picture going sideways. If you look at in this light. The chair is staning up right and the rest of the stuff is really blown over!<br /><br />Seriously, though. I delivered a generator to some family in Vero Beach yestderday. Wow is a word that comes to mind. It was as if a bomb went off there. Concrete steel reinforced electric poles snapped in half- cleanly. Anybody and almost everybody in single, double or triple wide mobile home had damage or were destroyed. I honestly can not and do not understand why "mobile homes" are even legal to sell in our state -they are death traps and insurance losses waiting to happen. Nearly every broad leaf tree stripped clean of their leaves. Most interesections lost multiple traffic lights. No power and lines for gas where power was. It was sobering to say the least. We tried to get on the islands there and we were only turned away as we do not live there. <br /><br />While I got a good chuckle from the storm damge in Sweden, I spent a day near the heart of a Cat 3 hurricane landfall and it was no joke.<br /><br />Locally - the St. Johns River is going to flood at record levels since we have kept them. The 5 acre pond in my backyard is now a real lake that you could boat on and is getting bigger daily. There were a couple of ponds connected by a natural depressions. It is one big lake now almost 2 miles long and up to 1/2 mile wide It is quite interesting what over 20 inches of rain will do over a couple of weeks.