Floor scupper replacement ball

Fisher25

Recruit
I am looking for 1 1/2” replacement ball for my 2005 hydro sport 25cc vector Floor scupper.They must be of a compressible (rubber)so they can be pushed into casting and return to fully round.someone replaced one with an aftermarket version that is so boyent it doesn’t allow water in boat to escape.I’ve looked everywhere on line and can’t find correct ones

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I am looking for 1 1/2” replacement ball for my 2005 hydro sport 25cc vector Floor scupper.They must be of a compressible (rubber)so they can be pushed into casting and return to fully round.someone replaced one with an aftermarket version that is so boyent it doesn’t allow water in boat to escape.I’ve looked everywhere on line and can’t find correct ones

Fisher25

Recruit
I ordered 1 1/2” balls from gemlike industries and received 1 5/8 balls which won’t fit into my floor scupper so had to send back.I was really hoping to find something similar to the ( floatable rubber, 1 1/2”) Oem ball I had originally for my 2004 hydro sport.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I ordered 1 1/2” balls from gemlike industries and received 1 5/8 balls which won’t fit into my floor scupper so had to send back.I was really hoping to find something similar to the ( floatable rubber, 1 1/2”) Oem ball I had originally for my 2004 hydro sport.
I’ve never seen balls in a scupper drain. Trying to get my head around how that would work.

I can see a ball stopping water from entering, but how does the water get out?

Fisher25

Recruit
Thank you for perco scupper info.That photo of drain assembly is exactly like mine which is also stainless with 45 degree bend connecting to 1 1/2“ drain line.I looked at that scupper from west previously and couldn’t see where ball could be ordered separately.
The scupper has a very small bar near bottom that prevents ball from dropping all the way to bottom of scupper when water is flowing out of boat,this enables water to bypass ball on exit.When water from outside boat enters drain,ball is pushed up to bottom of scupper opening forming a seat so water can’t enter boat.Once you remove the drain strainer the 1 1/2“ ball gets pushed through a 1 3/8”opening which is why the ball must be semi compressible.The reason for rubber vs. Foam rubber at least on mine is weight.The rubber ball is floatable yet heavier by 700 percent so it works in favor of any water wanting to escape boat and it’s more durable.