Floor removal in Quicksilver AA300QSON Inflatable ( Plywood )

rtp01749

Recruit
Just got this boat and I'm not sure how to remove the floor. Can anyone help with a link or suggestions.

Peter_C

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Floor removal in Quicksilver AA300QSON Inflatable ( Plywood )

Did you let all the air out of the tubes?

rtp01749

Recruit

Did you let all the air out of the tubes?

No, I haven't tried yet. I just looked at it and it was not apparent to me how the long aluminum side bar comes out. I just got the boat and I feel I should remove the floor boards to clean and paint them. Also the boat was outside for quite awhile and probably has alot of dirt and leaves under them. Thanks

cledus

Cadet

No, I haven't tried yet. I just looked at it and it was not apparent to me how the long aluminum side bar comes out. I just got the boat and I feel I should remove the floor boards to clean and paint them. Also the boat was outside for quite awhile and probably has alot of dirt and leaves under them. Thanks

You 'll need to deflate the boat. Once it is delfated the tubes can be pulled back along the sides. The aluminum pieces can be popped loose from the floor and pulled out. Once those are off, the floor will most likely pop up at one of the joints. It can thenbe seperated and pulled out sectionally.

If the boat has been together for quite a while it may take a bit to get it apart especially if the floor has absorbed any water and swelled.

Best of luck.

-C