Flood protection

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class
A poll to determine the # of people effected by flood protection. For the ignorant, "The board administrater has enabled flood protection". Is a message that pops up and it prevents you from posting a new post or replying to a post.

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Flood protection

Also, the most frustrating part is losing the info. that you have typed.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

:confused: never happened to me..........yet!<br />Knock,knock

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Have encountered this many times.<br />Wait a minute and hit the refresh button.<br />Sometimes it works, sometimes you get the error again.<br />Sometimes results in multiple posts.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If I reboot the problem goes away.<br /><br />I don't know if that means that the problem is in my software or not, but it works.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Maybe deleting the cookies/cache would help. I will try that next time and see what happens.

NYMINUTE

Captain

At least i-boats gives me flood protection, Allstate won't

fixin

NYMINUTE....American Family will

spratt

Lieutenant

When it happens, I wait a while (always MORE than the 31 seconds it claims) and hit refresh, then it will take the Post...however, if you do as the message tells you and click the BACK button...you will definitely lose your message you just typed...THAT is enough to make you sign off and come back another day....

mattttt25

Commander

i voted yes to question 1, but not because anything went wrong. i tried to re-post too quickly, and got the message. i waited the 30 seconds and it worked fine. no problems here.

Admin5

Ok folks please let me explain what flood protection is. We do not allow posting more than once every 30 seconds to deter someone posting just to post. This also saves our servers from undue stresses of handling too many posts at one time. If you have to post more than once within 30 seconds, you may want to consider posting something of a little more substance ;) . Thanks for understanding!

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Admin5:<br /> Ok folks please let me explain what flood protection is. We do not allow posting more than once every 30 seconds to deter someone posting just to post. This also saves our servers from undue stresses of handling too many posts at one time. If you have to post more than once within 30 seconds, you may want to consider posting something of a little more substance ;) . Thanks for understanding!
Thanks for the condescending attitude.<br />I fully understand what "flood protection" is.<br />I also have been getting the flood protection notice....even though I may not have made a post for hours. This problem never happened to me on this site before. <br />After numerous posts regarding this had been made, perhaps a better tactic would be to actually investigate the problem and try to find a solution.....

spratt

Lieutenant

I haven't had one single FP message today!!! WASSUP widdat??? My stuff must have become more substantial!!!! :confused:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by spratt:<br /> I haven't had one single FP message today!!! WASSUP widdat??? My stuff must have become more substantial!!!! :confused:
No not more substantial, Posts are down today.<br />Sorry
8.gif