Flojet Washdown Pump Stopped Working

boatflounder

Seaman Apprentice
My washdown pump has all of a sudden stopped working, worke 2 weeks ago when we were out, but this past weekend it didnt work. In between trips I replaced the broken livewell pump motor which is on the same seacock, and in the process I had to pulll on a lot of wires to get to the ones I needed and my first thought was I pulled something lose, looked yesterday nand what I can see sems to be in good order.

Tried to test for voltage to the motor but couldnt get a probe into the connectors and didnt want to start cutting wires yet. my next thought is to cut the wires near the pump and A. test for voltage to that point, B. try to hotwire the pump from the point where i cut the wires.

if its not a power issue then I have to try and sart tearing into the pump, would prefer not to unmount it as it is screwed into fiberglass and I am hoping to avoid messing with those screws.

Anyone have any experience with these pumps or any thoughts of anything else to check.
Thanks in advance,
Flounder

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Flojet Washdown Pump Stopped Working

A. test for voltage to that point, B. try to hotwire the pump from the point where i cut the wires.

Ayuh,...... Test the Voltage,+ If it comes back Good,......

Replace the Pump,.....

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander

One of mine failed from being accidentally submerged. All that was really wrong with it was a rusty bearing. It was very easy and cheap to fix. I think the new bearing was well under $10.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

just use some 3m 4200 on the screws when reinstalling.