Float Needle Seat

bigmarc66

Seaman
I have an 87' 125 and I decarbed it, (soaked it in carb cleaner) for a night. Long of the short I ended up blowing part of the seat out of the pressed brass seat. Must have been a rubber material and shriveled up with the cleaner. The carb is a Tillotsin TC, and I dont know what I should do now. Can i buy a new seat and press it in myself or is there a washer/ maybe o-ring I can rig up to serve the purpose. Thanks guys,

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Float Needle Seat

I believe the carb rebuid kit will have the o-ring in it.Jerry

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

See pic below. Part number 19 is what I think you are reffering to. That part number is FK10107. Mercury no longer carries it but you can google that part number and you should be able to find a new one
10.png

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

#19 is the seat.It has a small o-ring in the seat.It's not shown.Call your local Merc dealer and ask him what comes in the kit. Jerry

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

It looks like mercury no longer carries that kit or the seat. The repair kit retails for $53 aftermarket and the seat goes $18.79

bigmarc66

Seaman

So if i buy a seat kit for roughly 20 bucks, can i just take the o ring out and not have to remove the pressed in seat? Theoretically all i need is the o-ring, think i can use any random o-ring that will fit in there or does it have to be something special because of the gasoline? Thanks for the help!