Flexible Fuel Fill Hose

tarpon

Seaman Apprentice
Hi all,<br /><br />I recently replaced my fuel tank with a new plastic one. Unfortunately where the fuel enters the tank is in a new spot and I had to improvise to get the fuel fill hose to reach it.<br />So, I used a 90 degree elbow.<br /><br />This worked fine except when I go to the gas dock and the fuel comes out of the pump so fast it tends to back up in my fuel fill hose and throw up all over me. Not cool.<br /><br />I've been looking around and am thinking of replacing my fuel fill hose with a flexible one. Namely Shields or Trident. They are both SAE J1527 Type A2 so they are compatible. I'm only hoping they have enough flex that I can get rid of the nasty 90 degree elbow and my problems will be solved.<br /><br />Has anyone used this hose before? How flexible is it? Any opinons?

Laddies

Banned
Re: Flexible Fuel Fill Hose

Either brand of hose should work, have you thought about replaceing the 90 with 2 45s

tarpon

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Flexible Fuel Fill Hose

hmmm, actually 2 45s would probably do the trick. I had previously thought of 1 45 and then thought that wouldn't make too much difference but if I did 2 45s....very interesting....I'm going to go check it out now.<br /><br />Thanks for the tip! I love this forum!