flag tags in shirts

crab bait

Captain
not nary a one in any of my shirts survive a day without cuttin' them out..!!<br /><br />if'n you don't cut them out.. an let'em live,, W H Y..?? <br /><br />how do you stand it..?? draggin' against your neck constantly.. an not do sumptin' about it..??

aspeck

Staff member
Re: flag tags in shirts

Havin a rough mornin' are we, Crabby? Shirt tag a little irritating? You know Hanes has them thar shirts with the tag printed on the shirt, so it don't rub sensitive necks the wrong way.<br /><br />Or, you can just get the utility knife and cut 'em out. Whatever you prefer.

NYMINUTE

Captain

fing10.gif
Many have the printed tags on the shirt itself. This flag tag started in France in the 1800's to help the dipwads locate the back of the shirt, it caught on here, because we embrace the Euro thing. BTW I made up the France thing.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> You know Hanes has them thar shirts with the tag printed on the shirt, so it don't rub sensitive necks the wrong way.<br />
truely the best thing since sliced bread!

spratt

Lieutenant

Yep, I was gonna post about the printed tags also, but I reckon I ain't the first to lean about em...

crab bait

Captain

all good funny post ..!!<br /><br />i figured it was maybe a federal offense to 'REMOVE TAG'.. :) ..<br /><br />i'm tellin' ya fellas,, those nasty rectangular collar tags are in-humane torture.. none ever last a day.. <br /><br />sometimes i rip 'em out while wearing.. sometimes it rips the shirt.. ARRRUUUHHHHHH..<br /><br />NDEMGE,, i was talkin' about shirt tags ,, not SKIN TAGS..!! :) ..

gaugeguy

Captain

Those dang things get cut out before the first time the shirt is worn. I used to tear them out, but ripped too many shirts. Now the wife cuts them out before the shirt hits my closet.

KaGee

Admiral

They don't bother me a bit! Guess you all are just too thin skinned! Snick! :p <br /><br /><br />OMG ND!!!! :eek:

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I have a love-hate relationship with the tags...<br /><br />I own a screen printing shop.. It's not unusual for me to handle a few hundred shirts a day..(no, I don't print iboats shirts) <br /><br />I love the tags because they make it very easy to quickly find which side is front or back.. <br /><br />In my own shirts, THE TAG MUST DIE!!! >snip< :D <br /><br />As for the "fed offense to remove tag", I should know the answer, but I don't have the foggiest idea if it's a no-no, or not...