Fix trade or sell

zoom50

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a 1990 Mach I bowrider that has been only in salt water once and has a brand new 4.3 Mercruiser with less than 5 hours on it. The only issue is that the floor has some soft spots and needs to be replaced along with rear bench seat (all glass stringers). The rest of the boat is in great condition. This is my first boat and I have learned that a fishing boat would fit me much better for the Chesapeake. NADA book value is about $4,000 without taking in consideration for the new motor and extra goodies. If I get another boat I am looking at 2004 18' Sea-pro with 90hp for $13,000.<br /><br />What makes the most sense financialy?<br /><br />1. Sell boat for about $6000 and buy slightly used sea-pro (with hull warranty)<br />2. Dump money into existing boat and lay a glass floor<br /><br />Also, if anyone wants my boat which has a warranty on new motor, I'll make a sweet deal.

JRJ

Commander
Re: Fix trade or sell

Sounds like you decided to sell. Enjoy the search for a fishing boat :cool:

tommays

Admiral

zoom<br /><br />a boat is expected to be in good running order to get the book price a new motor may make yours sell before a simalar boat but the soft floor is going to offset the value of a new motor <br /><br />its a BIG job to start ripping a boat apart and redoing a floor and usally gets bigger as you go but you will no exactly what you have and it will be in perfect condtion when your done<br /><br />tommays

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

I am puzzled on why you would put a new motor in a boat and turn right around and sell it because it did not fit your use.<br /><br />That is the message that you will convey to many prospective buyers. It almost invites the question of "What is he hiding?" I don't mean that you are but that is the picture you are painting.