fishing guide in my boat?

ClassicsIV

Cadet
Hey all,

I live in SW FL ( Ft. Myers / Naples) and have a couple business associates visiting in late January. I have a boat and would be very interested in a guide that would go out with us in my boat to help put us on fish.

Thinking more bay / inshore for reds, snook, trout although my boat is not a flats boat.

Near off shore for snapper , grouper would be great also.

Does anyone know if guides will do this vs. using their boat and gear?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: fishing guide in my boat?

I once asked a guide on Lake Of The Woods to do that and he declined. His rationale was that he would have to charge me the full fee even if his equipment was idle.and he would have to pilot the boat with which he was unfamiliar and not equipped with the electronics he was used to.

Were I a licensed guide I think I would also decline for the same reasons.

ClassicsIV

Cadet

Thanks JB for the relpy. Your answer makes a lot of sense.
Ed

Kymasabe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I can recommend a great guide who is very familiar with the Pine Island Sound, Boca Grande, Matlacha Pass area and beyond.
Capt. Tom Marchetto and he can be reached at 239-340-0792. He comes highly recommended from the guys at Cape Tool and Tackle, fishes from a 21 foot Hewes with poling platform, trolling motor, power pole, you name it. He provides the gear, catches his own bait and can definately put you on the fish! Half day and whole day trips available. Give him a call.
His knowledge and professionalism are worth more than he charges.

ClassicsIV

Cadet

Kymasabe,

Thanks for the referral. It is always better to use someone who comes recommended vs. puling a name out of a hat.

I appreciate the reply.

Tonto ;)