fishing for walleye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just wondering best way to catch walleye in river conditions. I understand the wind bit but should the wind be at your back in the river even though you have a current?????????????????

Dman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: fishing for walleye

Will you being trolling, jigging, drifting?<br />I just need a bit more info.<br />Dman

drifting Dman, using a mr twister with a 1/4 jig head. this has worked but not as much as i would like.

UmmaGumma

Cadet

Try using a lindy rig tipped with a minnow instead of the twister tail. If you can find a school, just a jig and minnow fished straight down works.<br /><br />Or you can troll with a diver, somewhere between 12-15 feet might work depending on the location. If they are deeper, you could tie on a diver to a bottom bouncing weight setup to get your lure down there.<br /><br />Hope those help!

lukeb83

Seaman

depending how deep the water is that ur fishing, ur jig head may not be heavy enuff. i jig for them myself. baby bass zooms. but i use 1/2 ounce jigheads. i like to get the bait down there quick.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This one is TEN YEARS OLD, Luke. Please respect our rules and DO NOT hijack or reply to old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.