Fishing Etiquette

NDSSS

Cadet
Hi<br /> Does any one have some rules of etiquette,<br />when you ask some one to go fishing with you. <br />Lets assume you have the boat and motor and this will not be the only time you ask that person to go fishing with you, more like a fishing partner.<br />thanks :)

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fishing Etiquette

the cheapest way to go fishing in a boat is be friends with the boat owner. buy all the bait,beverages and gas and thank them upon returning.

gonfishn

Commander

I never ask for money.. Most folks offer to pay there fair share..If They don't well I don't have enough room the next time..<br /><br />Takes a good sum of green to pull your boat nowdays what with the gas prices and such.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

When I ask a friend to go fishing with me,I do not expect him to pay for anything.He is my guest and is treated as such.If he offers to bring food or drinks ,I will gratefully accept.<br />Often these people will help you or invite you for other occasions.

NathanY

Commander

I think that there is an unspoken, unwritten rule to taking someone fishing.<br /><br />When I take my buddy, Robert, fishing, I never ask him for any money, but he always offers to pay for food, drinks, bait, and whatnot. I figure my rig, I'm responsible for paying for the gas. I look at it like this, I am going fishing with or without him, and he doesnt need to pay for my gas. But, it is nice to know that he appreciates it by providing food and all that.<br /><br />Same when I go fishing with my buddy Paul. He takes care of the truck and boat, and I pay for all the food, drinks, bait and whatnot.<br /><br />1 major rule of going fishing with me, DO NOT HELP OR EVEN OFFER TO HELP ME GET MY BOAT IN THE WATER. This is a very refined system that each boat owner has to his respective rig. If you try to get in the middle of it, not only will it take longer to launch, but something could be overlooked leading to the sinking of said rig.

juneau

Cadet

I agree with Nate. I figure I'm going anyway so I pay for everything. If my guest brings anything, it's great. I don't need any help either. I always offer money, lunch or something when I go with someone else.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Fishing topic.