Fishing Cape Ann

Fly Rod

Commander
:) fishing just one or two miles off the coast has picked up for the recreational fishermen now that commercial fishing was closed as of April 1st and will not open till June1st!!! There is plenty of haddock around and there is no limit on how many you can keep!!!<br /><br />schoolie stripers should be here mid May and then the big ones will follow!!!<br /><br />Has anybody from New Jersey catching any stripers?????? ;) :cool:

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Fishing Cape Ann

Good morning Flyrod.<br />Did you take your boat out of storage yet?<br />This really sounds like a great opportunity to have some more fishing and boating fun.<br />I'm not sure that we can get ready on such short notice but what will happen into June and July as far as inshore haddock and cod stock is concerned?

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: Fishing Cape Ann

:) After 3-4 days after the boys go back to commercial fishing you will have to go searching for cod and haddock!!! not much gets by the gillneters when they put out their 30-40 nets per boat and you also have the 50-70 draggers working the bottom!!!!<br /><br />the bottom line is that recreational and charter boats will have to go 20 miles to the commercially closed areas!!!!<br /><br />The boat is still dry docked!!! Need to do very little gel coating on one of the skids, hit the trailer a little hard last fall when putting the boat away!!!! Peeled about 2" of gel coat off exposing some of the fiberglass matt and I do not want to launch and have it soaking up the water that will only lead to a bigger problem!!!<br /><br />will be in the water in the next two weeks and will take 3-4 of my friends haddock fishing, around here we do not eat cod!!!! ;) :cool: