Fishing Cape Ann

Fly Rod

Commander
:) The stripers and the blue fish have been migrating south for the past month!!!! As the bait fish move along our coast the pods get fewer & fewer and less chances to catch fish ,but when you do they are slammers to 50lbs.!!!!<br /><br />Haddock and cod fishing will be the game for a couple of months for the harty soul that can bear the cold ocean wind as water tempertures start to drop!!! My boat will be out of the water within the next 2 weeks or sooner!!!! ;) :cool:

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Fishing Cape Ann

I hope to be on the Cape(cod)this weekend to make up for a lousy July trip.

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

Extended forcast not looking good for this weekend..but they are usually wrong :cool:. I am hoping to get one ore 2 more dive trips in before winterizing.<br /><br />-JMW

David Schenck

Seaman Apprentice

Good luck for the winter - it is fast approaching summer in South Africa (Cape Town) and the tuna season has begun. A number of fish (yellowfin) over 200 pounds have already been landed - my turn soon. Our gamefish season runs through to June/July next year so there is lots to look forward to. I have just finished my boat seaworthy and the blue yonder waits!

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Hello lady jayn!!!!<br /><br />Seems like you have a long fishing season, catching yellow fin and other fish, "Thats Great"!!! Unfortunately sportfishing where I fish is basically a short season of 6-7 months before "Ole Man Winter," sets in!!! The only game in the winter here is cod & haddock fishing which is done on charter boats capable of holding 40-50 fishermen!!!!<br /><br />Enjoy the Fishing!!!! ;) :cool:

David Schenck

Seaman Apprentice

Greetings Fly Rod - yes we are lucky here in the south of Africa. I was out on Saturday but did not do well - masses of bait fish around with the promise of gamefish but nothing noteworthy as yet off Cape Point (my stomping ground). Water is still too cool - needs to rise by a few degrees celsius then there will be action aplenty - I did well last year - one day I had ten yellowfin tuna all over 150 pounds!! I hope this year is the same. 40 - 50 fisherman per boat sounds awfully crowded - good for social drinking and tall tales though!

rolmops

Vice Admiral

40 or 50 fisherman make for lots of social drinking ,but I have yet to see a drunk fisherman on a head boat.It is also an exercise in patience while the crew is constantly untangling fishing lines.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Hello rolmops!!<br />You may not be that observent of drunks around you on the head boat with 40 -50 people on board!! There are always 2-3 drunks on a head boat around here on the yankee capts etc:!!!! Maybe they look like they have sea legs!!!<br /><br />On the Wee Jack that also goes out from here had to call the coast guard because a group of about 20 on a bachelor party fishing trip, were drunk and tried to take over the boat!!! but over all 98% of trips have no problems!!!! ;) :cool:

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Hy Flyrod.<br />That would mean,I have been missing all the fun because of being too caught up in fishing.I promise to mend my ways.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Me being on a smaller scale then the yankee capts and only taking 4-6 people I have only had to terminate one trip in the last 5 years!!! On that trip I only had 2 clients on board and they were drunk within a hour & a half so I ended the trip!!!! I let people have a couple of beers and no hard liquor!!! Most clients want to fish !!! ;) :cool:

David Schenck

Seaman Apprentice

Things hotting up in Cape Town - good Yellowfin being caught in the canyon off Cape Point and good Yellowtail inside and outside the bay. Water is warm and full of bait fish - ahhh, summer at last!