Fishing Cape Ann

Fly Rod

Commander
:) Fishing along our rocky shoreline for striped bass has been excellent!!! Most days we are catching 20-30 fish in 3-4hrs and a lot of catch and release!!! Bluefishing has been great also!!! a lot of fish in the 10-12lb. range being caught!!!<br /><br />There are football size 50-100lb.tuna close to shore!!! A friend of mine the other day almost had 3 fingers cut off when he grabbed the mono as he was being spooled!!! He required a few stitches!!! Remember that you need a license to keep or possess tuna!!! ;) :cool:

Five O'Clock

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fishing Cape Ann

Fly Rod where do you fish out of? I see you posting all the time about fishing around MA. I'm from the Lowell area and like to read about fishing in New England. Do you own a charter or just fish for yourself?

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Fish out of Cape Ann, Gloucester!!! Do charter fishing out of a Dusky 26' center console!!! Do flyfishing also!!! We have some of the best fishing in the summer and we do a lot of chunk baiting for stripers!!!<br /><br />Click on the house above!!! ;) :cool:

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Football tuna were jumping all over the area this morning while stripe bass fishing!!! I wish i had a camera, they did everthing except jump into the boat!!! They are chasing the micro mackerel!!! ;) :cool:

Fly Rod

Commander

:) The charter today had a blast slaming the bluefish in the 8-12lb. range!!! Couldn't miss , with triple hook ups and lines getting tangled!!!<br /><br />Why can't people think for them selves!!! Lines cross and you would think that common sense would take over!!! DERRRRRRR!!!!!!! ;) :cool: