Fishing Cape Ann

Fly Rod

Commander
:) For those of you that live within driving distance of Cape Ann, break out that fly rod or light tackle spinning gear, the schoolies are in the Annisquam River!!! Those of you trailering a boat, you can access the river from behind the high school and work the river, fishing the coming tide is best and on the out going tide, fish the mouth of the tributuries draining into the river!!! ;) :cool:

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Fishing Cape Ann

Schoolies schmoolies, I want the cows ;) Have you heard if they are on your side of the big cape yet FR??

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Hello gaugeguy!!!! ;) <br /><br />Well, I've been a little slow getting the boat overboard, torn rotocup!!! Hopefully Iwill be in the water by the weekend!!!<br /><br />The big macks have arrived here a few days ago!! Should be some nice big fish around in 140+ feet!!<br />But like I said I haven't been out!!! Will keep ya informed!!!! ;) :cool:

gaugeguy

Captain

Cool FR, as soon as you hear that the cows are around Cape Ann let me know. I'm tired of fishing for trout already, I am ready to start my yearly, lifelong pursuit of the 50lb striper ;)

Fly Rod

Commander

:) 38-40" fish are being caught off of Cape Ann!!!! <br /><br />Mackeral are in abundance and there are millions of small bait fish!!!<br /><br />Humpback whales are feeding about 12 miles off shores and they are putting on a show, feeding and breeching!!!!! You can call Cape Ann Whale Watch in Gloucester to arrange a trip!!!! ;) :cool:

gaugeguy

Captain

Sounds like I'll be down around Plum Island this coming weekend soaking some macks. :cool: