Fishing Cape Ann

Fly Rod

Commander
:)The Lanes Cove BlueFish Tournament got under way at 6am Sunday with 430 participants!!! This tournament started when 3 friends went bluefishing about 12 years ago and made a $5.00 bet for the biggest bluefish!!! Last year we raised the entry fee to $10.00<br /><br />The ocean was unforgiven!!! Smallcraft warnings were given!!! Seas were 5'2" with white caps and a 20knot northeast wind!!! boats from 16' to 36' went out!!! I'm very suprised that we have never lost a life in this tournament!!! <br /><br />At 4pm sharp the weigh-in was closed and the winniners were announced!!!!<br /><br />1st place--11.5lb--- $1600.00cash<br />2nd place--11.2lb--- $1000.00cash<br />3rd place--10.5lb--- $750.00cash split 2 winners<br /><br />There were six $50.00 winners; gift certificates and a $200.00 rod and reel combo give away!!! ;) :cool:

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Fishing Cape Ann

Hello Flyrod.<br />Next time the tournament is on the horizon, can you let us know about it ahead of time.I would love to participate.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Hello rolmops!!!<br /><br />I will keep ya in mind!!!! <br /><br />When ya get your 2005 calender, write in: Lanesville Blufish tournament on the sunday of labor day weekend!!! ;) :cool: <br /><br />so how ya doing???<br /><br />We are getting some big sripers tight to the shore line!!!!<br /><br />Any day the bait fish should migrating and the area will come alive for a couple of weeks!!!

rolmops

Vice Admiral

hello Flyrod.<br />I've been very busy these past few weeks with very big family events.My wife's parents had their 50th wedding anniversery and my son will be doing his bar-mitzva in a few weeks.I made it to the Cape only three weekends this summer and hope to be back for the big blitz in early October when the Stripers are going south.I did find a new use for herring.They look just like big alewives(sawbellies)and I caught lake trout and big pike with them in the fingerlakes.I will probably be in Gloucester next spring when the cod and haddock inshore commercial season closes.It is scary in an open 19 footer when the fall storms start blowing.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Say flyrod,I just saw that this room is looked over by no-one.That means that we can say the meanest and uncleanest things to each other.

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Not so fast rolmops<br /><br />Flyrod, maybe next year..........<br /><br />Gonna be anchored off Wingarsheek this weekend. Getting away from it all, with my favorite dog....

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Congrats on your inlaws 50th!!! and ya have your sons ba-mitzva coming up!!! yupppp!!! your just to busy!!!!<br /><br />Why say mean & ugly things ????<br /><br />Lets just say dirty ronchy jokes"YAAAAA!!!"<br /><br />And now we could include Lunea Sea so you And I won't get bored with each others Jokes!!!! ;) :cool:

Fly Rod

Commander

:) How ya doing Luna Sea?????<br />how's the boat???<br />i'll be out side the harbor over the week end!!!<br /><br />You apt to get some good blue fishing off of wingearsheek!!!! There was allot of action on that side last weekend!!! ;) :cool: