Fishing Cape Ann

Fly Rod

Commander
:) It was an excellent day on the water !!!<br /><br />Four nice stripers over 35lbs!!! but we didn't have any over 40lbs!!! alittle rough starting out with 20kt. sw winds and a few white caps but no big seas!!!<br /><br />The blue fish are also here and that makes the mackerel skiddish and want to move on to Canada!!! We caught a 1/2 dozen of them and released them!!! Alot of people are afraid of there teeth and gaf them then throw them back to die!!! "What a waste!!!" Just grab them by the gills like any other fish and release them!!! ;) :cool:

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Fishing Cape Ann

Some guys have all the luck.I caught a 14 inch pike this weekend,caught a hundred 3 inch sunfish and stared at some scary sized tiger muskies ignoring everything thrown at them and just cruising along the side of the weedbeds<br />What's up with the fluke and flounder ?

Fly Rod

Commander

:) We don't have fluke up this way!!!!<br /><br />Yes we do have flounder and they are around!! Sea worms are the #1 bait on the bottom!!! in sandy areas!!! you can use clams!!! ;) :cool:

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Went fishing this evening and all I caught was dog fish after dog fish!!! :( There is a moritorium on these dog fish,ya can't commercial fish them, they are an endangered species!!!<br />Well I dought that!!! ;) :cool: