Fishing buddy

bayoudav

Cadet
My old friend and long time fishing buddy recently moved out of state. I am looking for a new fishing buddy. Buddy must have his own Fishing gear and be willing to pay half of the expenses. I usually every Saturdayand fish within a 50 mile radius of my house. I live in Harvey, Louisiana. If you have a boat and you just want to meet up that fine to.

jjacobs007

Lieutenant
Re: Fishing buddy

My old friend and long time fishing buddy recently moved out of state. I am looking for a new fishing buddy. Buddy must have his own Fishing gear and be willing to pay half of the expenses. I usually every Saturdayand fish within a 50 mile radius of my house. I live in Harvey, Louisiana. If you have a boat and you just want to meet up that fine to.

I would fish with ya,but i live in nevada.sucks right!!I too looked for a best friend of fisherman and came up empty at times.

the vision

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If only you lived a little closer to Prairieville.

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 0
  • moto_0167.jpg
    moto_0167.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 0
  • moto_0173.jpg
    moto_0173.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 0

gus-gus

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Such a timeless subject. A friend isn't an off the shelf thing for me. It takes awhile to get comfortable with their mannerisms, idiosyncrasies, and finding a person politically and emotionally compatible (doesn't spend every discussion repeating how dangerous fire is).

I am in search too. Just having a boat might be enough, maybe they will come. Maybe it will be easy, but it is a special thing, a buddy.

I feel like I am searching for the right hunting dog, the perfectly sized jacket, worn just enough to be comfortable, yet look good.

You see I was the one who moved away and I still feel some guilt, my buddy (we called him my wing man) took it hard. But catching another fisherman is easier than catching fish, now to find the right one.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

I've given up on trying to find a regular fishin' buddy, and actually prefer to go by myself. This way I don't have to put up with anyone being late, last minute cancellations because they have to paint their wifes toenails or some such crap, or having to cut the trip short because of their wifes toenails.

I find the solitude relaxing.

I do have a buddy that comes in from out-of-town a couple times a year and we go out and have a good time fishin' and talkin', but I don't need it to be like that all the time.

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

I find the solitude relaxing also, But regret not shareing the fun when the bite and the day is good. A fishing buddy is also good to help remove hooks accidently stuck in fishermen, unless they're the one that hooked you! My father's FBdy passed away this year and he was fishing alone recently and caught a huge grass carp topwater bass fishing, ALL the fish were feeding on the millions of cicadas. When he tried to get his lure free the fish thrashed and buried 2 prongs of one treble deep in his thumb and forefinger, pinning them together while the lively fish thrashed some more:eek: I told him he needs another fishing buddy when I can't go.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Everyone wants to go fishing until it's time to go. Then the excuses stat to flow. I've not heard the dog ate my fishing pole in a while.

KDAVID1

Chief Petty Officer

I've given up on trying to find a regular fishin' buddy, and actually prefer to go by myself. This way I don't have to put up with anyone being late, last minute cancellations because they have to paint their wifes toenails or some such crap, or having to cut the trip short because of their wifes toenails.

I find the solitude relaxing.

I do have a buddy that comes in from out-of-town a couple times a year and we go out and have a good time fishin' and talkin', but I don't need it to be like that all the time.

+1. Although I do like having someone to share the experience with I truly love fishing by myself--and not having to put up with the above issues.

rivermouse

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Most of the time there is no one to go out on the boat or to the coast with me to fish. The thing I learned is once you are on the pier you have lots of people with you and a conversation with another friendly person is easy if you want it.The fish and you are all thats important and the enjoyment is there regardless.