Fishfinder Advice

Forbzee

Recruit
Ive Just purchased a boat for sea fishing can anyone tell me the best fishfinder to have for around $350 or £200 uk <br />THanx in advance

AndyL

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fishfinder Advice

Have a look at the Lowrance range. The more you spend the better they get and the warranty and back up are excellent.<br />Visit www.Lowrance.com for simulators etc.

farginicehole

Chief Petty Officer

Be sure to check out Furuno LS4100 or LS6100 for comparison before buying!

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Hello Forbzee.<br />Ask yourself a few questions first.Are you planning to go after large mackerel in the shallows?Are you trying to fish for cod at 200 feet?<br />There are wideangle fishfinders that are great in the shallows and there are those that are better in deep water.Do you want to try an all round setup?Whatever you get, think hard about its capability to withstand salt water.If you plan on buying a gps as well,you should seriously consider a gps unit with fishfinder hook in capability.I switch my garmin to fishfinding when I hit a school and every so often I pop the screen back to gps.There I can see the movements that the school made and I can anticipate their direction.

sort

Seaman Apprentice

Eagle makes a very nice line that is value priced. Eagle and Lowrance are made in the same plant and are basically the same units with the Lowrance usually having a little different features in it's software.<br />I run an Eagle Seacharter 480 that has 480x480 resolution in gray scale and has a built in GPS which is handy. This unit sells for around $400USD and is a dual freq. sounder.<br />Color would be nice but $$$ jump to get the same features and resolution.

umblecumbuz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi Rolmops<br /><br />Can you explain your GPS and fishfinder link-up more?<br /><br />I'm about to scrap a greyscale fishfinder and separate hand-held gps unit, and I want to upgrade to the system you're describing. <br /><br />Personal recommendation will be useful before I fork out.<br /><br />Ciao