Fisher SV 19 GT boat

ghostrider

Seaman
i'm looking to buy the a a 1995 fisher SV 19 GT boat. i have not found any of these boats for sale anywhere on the internet. anyone out there familiar with the reliability, dependability, stability or any other ity of this model boat? I have looked the boat over very thoroughly and have found no visible flaws or damage. :(

ghostrider

Seaman
Re: Fisher SV 19 GT boat

Is there anyone out there that is familiar with this boat????????? :confused:

ghostrider

Seaman

I', fee;ing like i must give up on respones to this question. The only replys to thi sthread have been my own. you win some and you lose some. :( :confused:

ghostrider

Seaman

checked the "boatrader." found nothing. this question has grounded me and this board. i really like the boat and want to make an informed purchase. fortunatley i have more time than money and the seller is being patient with me since boating season is over in this area. :( :confused:

ghostrider

Seaman

Hey there jollyrogerx! The boat you show on the indy boat site is the one i'm going to buy. what do you think about it??? By the way i've been to all of the sites you listed. i've even contacted the factory on 11-13-02. they e-mailed me saying the info requested would take 2 to 3 weeks to receive---still waiting. :rolleyes: :confused:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

1969, Fisher boats have always been good. Started out and remained a smaller regional boat builder, got a bit bigger, and were bought up by Brunswich (Mercury) along with 8 or 10 other boat manufacturers in the 80's. From what I can tell, the Blue Fin, Spectrum, and Fisher lines kind of shared tech and manufacturing styles. most notably the welded aluminum hull from the Fishers. Fishers originally had all aluminum stringers, floor trusses and the floor itself. But I know that wood flooring was used in the mid 90's Spectrums. <br /><br />These lines were sold to Tracker a few years ago when Tracker wanted to get into the deep-v market and produce a higher end boat, and of course Mercury made the Tracker Marine engines for them.<br />I think I got that right.<br /><br />The only thing I have noticed on my Spectrum is that if you run them hard and fast, in rough water?, that you will eventually see little marks through the hull, where the bulkhead and stringers are welded into place.<br /><br />Go for it.

ghostrider

Seaman

thanks roscoe! i was figured out through long suffering search that fisher was a subsidiary of tracker, you're right on it. the boat i'm looking at is a shallow-v SV 19ft GT model and it does have wood only in the transom. hull alone weighs 1100#. the motor yamaha pro-v 150 weighs about 375 which will make for excellent towing weight over hilly and mountainess terrain. thanx for the input! :cool: ;)

beckerdg

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Can't say I know much about Fisher. I had a small Lowe mod-v for a couple years and loved it. Not nearly as nice as the Fisher you're looking at. Sold it when I got something I could get out in the Chesapeake with. I have to say I do miss it because of the ease of use. I live about 5 minutes from the James river and was a lot more likely to run over for a short stint at dusk with the bass boat than my current one.