FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a fish flasher by Ray Jefferson, model#5005. I have no information on it, and would like any input. All I know is it is a 12 volt system. How/where do I mount the transducer?
The tranducer is usually mounted on the outside of the transom.Mount it so it is vertical about half way up one side the transom(below the waterline).Use marine sealant in the screw holes,after drilling.My transducer is inside the hull,epoxied to the bilge area.Mount the face(bottom) of the transducer as close and as low to the trailing edge of the bottom as possible.Do not mount it (too low)where it will create turbulence or drag.