Fish finder display at high speeds

Maxxiumss

Recruit
Is it common for a fish finder to display the bottom of the lake (which is about 130 feet down) when at WOT right at the surface? I can go about 1/2 throttle and it seems to work fine, but at WOT the bottom seems to come right up to the surface. I just recently got this boat and never used a fish finder before. The first time this happened I thought I was going to beach the boat, yet I was in the middle of the lake, was a frighting moment.

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Fish finder display at high speeds

Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

This is a common problem when the transducer isn't mounted just right. Can you post a picture of the transducer?

Pez Vela

Chief Petty Officer

The markings at the extreme top of the FF screen do not represent the bottom of the lake. You have temporarily lost functionality due to turbulence across the bottom surface of your transducer.

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer

I have turbulence on mine as well. It is because of the strakes. Through Hull would be my best option.

Maximuss

Cadet

Hi all this the Maxximuss I made the original post but I could not get into my log in and the reset password thing didn't work for me, so I had to make a new account.

Thank you all for the input. A don't have a picture yet to submit to show how it is mounted in the hull. I can say it was glued down to the hull in the engine compartment about 6 to 8 inches from the center line of the boat. The boat being a 17.5 ft bowrider made by Cutter 1997 year. Sounds like my thoughts were correct from the input I have received. Thank you all for your input on this.

Thank you also for the invite. There is some great info on here glad to join up.