First time Fogging a 5.7Gi-300-J

DukeCLR

Recruit
First off thanks for all of you who post here, I was able to find the information to help me winterize my boat/engine.

As per the Volvo manual I mixed up a batch of gasoline, two stroke oil and some Sta-Bil. I filled up a fuel filter with the mixture then put a section of fuel hose from the tank to the inlet of the pump as pictured below. After idling it until the temp stabilized I ran it up to approx 1500 RPM for 15 minutes. I thought I read somewhere that there would be a lot of smoke but as you can see in the picture and video there was very little. Did I do it right?

I also noticed that water was running from the area where the out drive connects to the boat is that normal?

Thanks

VIDEO0054 - YouTube

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: First time Fogging a 5.7Gi-300-J

You don't get a whole lot of extra smoke when running the mixture, there is some, but not really that noticable. You get a lot of smoke when pouring fogging oil into a carbed engine until it stalls the engine.

The water is normal. If you look, there are 2 round approx 1" diameter idle relief ports in the transom shield.

DukeCLR

Recruit
Re: First time Fogging a 5.7Gi-300-J

OK, Thanks a bunch.

Tomorrow I'll drain it!