First Splash for my 180

not racing

Cadet
First splash of my 1982 HL180. I am really impressed easy to tow and launch. Good riding handling and the Johnson SPL88 is a perfect fit. Boat planes quickly its quiet and seems very easy on the gas. I was out for a couple hours it appears in that time I picked up a half gallon of water should I worry? Plans now are to use the boat at least next summer at least before doing any major work.
photo-4.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Re: First Splash for my 180

Very Nice boat. Doesn't look like it needs any "major work". A half gallon in a few hours is not much. I wouldn't worry about it for now.

64osby

Admiral

+2 what dj said. If you leave it in the water for a week you might want to make sure the bilge pump works, or you have one.

Congrats.

not racing

Cadet

Thanks guys Bilge pump makes noise I have not poured water into the sump area yet to make sure it pumps. It will need a floor in the near future. Plans for the fall are some nice cool weather cruising electronics rod holders and planer board mast installs. Want to have it sorted and ready for the spring.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

She looks great on the water there, well done!:D

jbcurt00

Staff member

Great looking! Congrats!

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

Hey - How did that Volvo tow? I have the same boat and the same car - but haven't towed with the Volvo - it has the 2.5 T5....the manual says that the car is good for towing up to 3300 pounds but over 2000 lbs they recommned surge brakes on the trailer...

not racing

Cadet

Tows just fine. I am very impressed with the Volvo getting 32 on the freeway 26 mixed driving and on the 2 hour tow home after I bought the Starcraft I averaged 20 towing at 60-65. No brakes on the boat trailer and doesnt need them. My only concern was pulling the boat out of the water and no issue with that plenty of power and traction. I went with the hidden hitch but the factory Volvo wiring both were very easy to install. This is my 4th boat but raced cars for well over 25 years so I have spent way to many hours towing and the Volvo wagon is really impressive.