fired right up

sheaston

Seaman Apprentice
the temp finnaly hit 50, its been very cold in ohio and spring fever was getting to me<br />and i could'nt take it any longer, I had to see if my outboard would run<br />this motor has not run in more than a year<br />filled up the fuel tank and she came to life<br />did'nt even smoke much <br />ran like a top<br />sorry just had to tell someone <br />this is my first boat and this was the first time i've started the motor

novicetech

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: fired right up

Hello,<br />And welcome to iboats, we all know just how you feel.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

Sorry to hear that it did not smoke much.That could be a sign that it was not fogged properly. :eek: Charlie

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Welcome Sheaston,<br /><br />Take some time to read the FAQ and browse the forums. It is important to know that the motor should be in water or connected to a hose when running to prevent water pump failure. <br /><br />Boats are fun and you will be even better equiped to be out on the water if you take a boating course first. I like the courses offered by the United States Power Squadron. Look up the local chapter by you on the net. Plus you will get certified, and your state may require that to be operating a boat in your state. You may also get an insurance discount if you are certified.<br /><br />Enjoy!<br /><br />Mark