Finding someone

brother chris

Commander
I am trying to find someone in another province(Ontario), but am having some difficulty doing it. <br />I am not sure which city she is in(probably Toronto, or close to it), and I need to talk to her. <br />How can I locate someone without using those stupid pop-up ads that I see all the time? <br />I have tried white pages on the internet, to no avail. <br />Any advice/hints/tips would be greatly appreciated.<br />B.C.

KRS

Banned
Re: Finding someone

What, Canada is like the size of Rhode Island, just drive around for a while.<br /><br />Just giving you a hard time Chris. It's a long shot.... but you could pay for a classified ad in the Toronto paper, it may reach the outskirts of the area.

brother chris

Commander

Originally posted by At My Expense:<br /> What, Canada is like the size of Rhode Island, just drive around for a while.
LOL.<br />The paper idea is the last resort. <br />I know she has the internet, so she has an email address too. <br />This is frustrating!

Dunaruna

Admiral

My wife is a genealogy junkie, she finds people anywhere anyhow.<br /><br />You gotta get creative - maiden names, church groups, sporting clubs, immigration shipping manifests etc etc.<br /><br />You'll be amazed at what info is floating around cyberspace.<br /><br />Aldo

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Does she rent or own a home?<br /><br />Here in Texas, every home owner has thier tax records on line and can be seen by everyone.<br /><br />Have you tried "directory assitance<br /> in the area she lives?<br /><br />DO you know her previous address, sometimes they leave a forwarding address, check the post office.<br /><br />Ken

brother chris

Commander

Ken: she moved away from here about 5 years ago. I don't think she owns. and yes I tried directory assistance...no luck.<br />previous address...too long ago <br />I am just going to keep on digging, I guess.

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Chris<br /><br />Do you have an electoral role, that is if you are registered to vote does your name appear on an electoral role.<br /><br />If so check at a post office and see if you can view the role, it may have not only the name but address listed in the book.<br /><br />GR

PW2

Commander

Go to the library and check out all the GTA directories. Bell Canada has a way of not knowing that Mississauga is a subburb of Toronto, for example, and if you ask directory assistance for Toronto, they are not likely to include all the other surrounding communities (and there are lots of them) Besides, Toronto is a different area code (416) from all the others around (905)

Moody Blue

Captain

Are there not any mutual friends or acquaintances that you can contact ? Family members ? Former fellow employees ? Someone must know where she is, unless she doesn't want to be found.

PW2

Commander

Go down on Yonge St and hang out for awhile. Even if you don't find her, Yonge St is always a treat!

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

You might try the Department of Motor vehicles. It'll cost you a couple bucks, but it may work to find her by driver lisense or plate #.

brother chris

Commander

Thanks everyone. <br />I think that with all your help, I will be able to find her soon enough. <br />I never even thought of half the things that were mentioned. <br />I'll let you all know if I find her, and which way that worked. <br /><br />RodC. No, it is not that she does not want to be found. We WANT to talk to each other. I thought I had her phone number, but it turned out to be a fax number.

Triton II

Commander

So you could try sending a fax to the number and see what response you get? :)

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Have you tried simply going to Google, typing her name in quotes like "John Fogner" and then either Toronto or some suberbs after it to narrow the search? Might atleast get an e-mail address that way.<br /><br />Ex. Search: "John Fogner" winnipeg

SoulWinner

Commander

Could you send a letter to her for general delivery? You know, put her name on it and where you think she is, and see if the post can figure it out.