Finding an old Post - Assist

Kiwi Phil

Commander
I recall there was a post some time back where a chap asked for advice about buying an old/cheap sail boat and sailing the high seas in it.<br />This chap had no experience whatsoever with boats.<br />The post went on for pages.<br />Can anybody recall it.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Finding an old Post - Assist

I remember it Phil. <br /><br />"needing to escape society; in search of a sturdy craft to bear me across the rough oceans"<br /><br />I found it but when I try to open it it says you have requested a topic that does not exist!.<br /><br />Maybe it got nasty and the powers that be sent it to 'poof' heaven.<br /><br />Ya not planing a trip are ya?<br /><br />Aldo

Dunaruna

Admiral

Thanks SBN, you da man! (you must have a damn good memory to find that).<br /><br />Aldo

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The poster was grandiloquent.<br />He registered and posted the same day and then that was it. He left and has not posted anything else.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

And it's too bad the thread turned nasty because I found it truly entertaining. I was looking forward to seeing updates from Grandiloquent on his/her wireless laptop as he/she attempted to circumnavigate the globe in a dinghy with no prior sailing experience! :D :eek: :rolleyes:

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Thanks everybody. <br />It appears this Wombat has turned up at MacGregor Trailer Sailer Forum asking advice about sailing to Hawihii this time. <br />Some body there identified him from another Trailer Sailer Forum with similar Q. Plus i believe he has been to others too.<br />Looks as if he is doing the rounds. <br />Must be pretty cold outdoors up your way if this is what some do to keep themselves amused.<br />Thanks fellas<br />Cheers<br />Phillip