Finaly diagnosed

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
Finally today the doctor agreed the my 3 year old has asthma. I have been thinking this for over a year now. <br /><br />She has been treated for alergies, bronchitis, pneumonia, and a few other ailments. Finally today the doctor agreed that it was allergy induced asthma. It has been getting worse over the year. This fall alergens must be high, we are both in terrible shape with allergies. <br /><br />At least it explains her getting out of breath and weezing when she runs a lot, and other problems. now we can get control of it.

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Finaly diagnosed

DD, They can desensitize her to most of the allergies with a series of injections (short, sub-q. needle, almost painless). I've also heard of instances where the child "outgrew" the asthma. I don't know about Nebraska, but the allergens have been terrible around here this year, Best of luck.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

I had that. It prevented me from any outdoor activity in the fall and winter. I would nearly smother. Back then there were very few treatments. Adrenalin injection was the most effective. Had many of them. <br /><br />But there was good news. When I progressed through adolescence, I outgrew it and have had almost no problems since. I hope your daughter outgrows it also.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Excellent dd. Am blessed that my 7&5 year olds are ok so far. My 5 year old Son and I are heading up to our hunting shak this weekend. First time for this as we are leaving the wimmens at home to prowl the malls. :)