Finally some useful technology.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
Our 15 year old alarm clock bit the dust the otherday so we were due for a replacment. Being the big spenders we are we bought a walmart elcheapo radio alarm for $15 without much regards for all the hoopla on the box. We get home and I pitch the box and plug it in...This thing goes through a 10 second routine and automatically set's the time and date. HOLY SMOKES did this thing just do what I thought it did! so I unplug it and try again this time in amazment. Hey HONEY come here ya gotta see this, so I unplug it again. Now I gotta go back to the garbage can and get the box out just to read up on this deal.<br /><br />Now I know battery back up has been around awhile but this is taking it up another notch. Turns out it also adjust's for daylight savings and leap year(it has a day week month calender also). After I set down and read the manuel like it was the latest issue of Outdoor life and understand this modern marvel I have just one question left...If the power fails the clock resets itself, How am I supposed to know how long ago the power came back on?<br /><br />Yeah I know it sounds stupid and I am proabably the last kid on the block to get one but this thing is awsome. Yes I am easily amused. :eek:

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: Finally some useful technology.

ROFLOL<br />Boys and their toys! :) <br />I have one low tech electric clock with get this "hands" that will let me know how long the power was off. Everything else just blinks 12:00 or resets. <br />Hmmm think I'll hang on to that old clock for awhile :D

D

DJ

How the heck does it know where you are? TIme zone, that is.<br /><br />I think it has a direct connection to Bensonville Arkansas (evil Wal Mart central control) and is watching your buying habits.<br /><br />Look closely for a little webcam. :D

Triton II

Commander

And all the boys in Wallmart central are saying: "Hey, you gotta come and look at this spycam in neumann's place... hot dig-giddy dawg!"

Dunaruna

Admiral

Whaddaya mean wallmart central, its streaming live on the web - check this out neumanns bedroom <br /><br />Aldo

D

DJ

OK, I wondered how long it was going to take them (Wal Mart-central control) to get the link up on the net. :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

Must be atomic, My weather station did the same. It is accurate beyond belief. Now I know the temps, wind, pressure, humidity, time and date. <br />When setting the region it called out Indiana, and dismissed the DST. It is awesome.

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

its from a local radio station that broadcasts the time from the national atomic clock.<br /><br />they also broadcast it for GPS - making it accurate down to the foot I believe...

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

The thing I like about my alarm clock, is that the alarm still works with the power out. It also has two seperate alarms, so the wife and I can have seperate wake up times. They have really made some nice improvements lately with these things.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

so the wife and I can have seperate wake up times
That's so she can have breakfast all ready for you, just like at my house. Yeah right! Somebody slap me I'm dreaming again. :D

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by Mr.Ladyfish:<br />
so the wife and I can have seperate wake up times
That's so she can have breakfast all ready for you, just like at my house. Yeah right! Somebody slap me I'm dreaming again. :D
Okay........
25.gif
<br /><br />Just remember you asked for it. :p

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Wife and I have one of those dual alarms. I don't know why? When hers goes off, she will hit the snooze button until an hour goes by. Then it just doesn't beep a couple of times, she will let it beep for about 4 minuets til she hits the snooze again. Meanwhile I don't get up until about an hour after she is up. So now I'm up and getting coffee and dressed way before I need to be.<br /><br />On the weekends we don't set the alarm, but my 4 legged doggie alarm is set at 6:30am. If he can't wake me by poking his nose into my side, he will get up on the bed and start pouncing on me. To be awaken by a 120lb dog jumping on you is better than having the crap from a 120lb dog on your floor I guess.