Finally making a return

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Kind of a bummer this your I have not been down to Florida since January, in a normal year we would have gone down several times by now. Wife and I have enough of this covid nonsense we are headed down to go fishing in October.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
PM me when you come on down...... we will go for a cruise on the Salt Shaker......and burn some fuel.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Must be nice to be able to do that, I'm jealous! Do you tow your boat or rent one down there?

DeepCMark58A

Commander
We fish from kayaks. We have a family home. Wife and I are lucky our kids are grown so we have the freedom to go when ever. In a normal year we would have gone down at least 4-6 times. Needless to say we have really been missing it.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I've heard that prices for homes down there are fairly cheap, any truth to that? as in 100,000 or less for a small place? Who looks after it when you are not there? I've often thought about being a Canadian snowbird when i get a little older......

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I've heard that prices for homes down there are fairly cheap, any truth to that? as in 100,000 or less for a small place? Who looks after it when you are not there? I've often thought about being a Canadian snowbird when i get a little older......

Not near the water prices are much higher, but then again comparable to property on lakes in Minnesota. We got lucky the house in Florida was bought during the downturn in the economy years back, pretty much got it for half price. You have to have people like a lawn service, pool guy, house cleaner, exterminator etc.