Finally got on the water for fun!

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
I have had the boat out one other time this year for a test run. Just a 30 minute run around. Got my oil leak fixed and have been ready to go again. Finally this weekend we made it! Got a friend and his wife and 3 kids, me my wife and our 3 kids and we were off like a herd of turtles. (kids ages 1, 1, 3, 3, 4, 5. Got 5 blocks from home and heard a tink tink tinkinkink. Looked in my mirror and my right trailer wheel was wobbling and throwin smoke. Knew I shoulda re-packed those bearings, but figured one trip wouldn't hurt. <br />As it was saturday afternoon in my small town, the parts store was closed. Called the counter man, a friend of mine kind of and he went and opened for me. Found the bearings but no seal. Oh well, made one out of duct tape to get me the 10 miles to the lake. An hour later we were off again. <br />Camped and had a great time. Weather was perfect, no mosquitos, no clouds, great night.<br />Today got the boat in the water and me and friend decided to take it for a test spin before we loaded the families. Went great. Coming back to the dock to load everyone my friend went to the front to catch the dock. I told him not to worry much, I had it under control. I passed the dock by inches, and slipped it into reverse to swing around close like I always do. He wasn't ready and jumped to the dock at the same time. He fell gracefully though, and didn't get his hat wet. Everything else was wet, until he climbed onto the dock. He slipped and fell again his time his head went under. <br />Got everyone loaded and off we went. Cruised for a few hours, then beached to let the wee ones play in the water. Then went back and loaded up for the trip home. <br />Wives and kids left us on the water. We were going to cruise across the lake to the south shore marina to return a rented life jacket. Didn't have enough child size jackets in the boat so spent 3 bucks to rent one. On the way back let my friend hav the wheel for a bit. Now he wants a boat.<br />Overall it was a great weekend. Good weather, Good friends, cleaned out evidence locker so free cold beer, and not a single problem with the old boat once we launched. Life is good.<br />(friday night busted up a party and took 10 cases of beer. Nobody seemed to want to admit ownership so I guess it was lost and found.)<br /><br />Next time have to save enough money for a fishing license and really do things right.

Triton II

Commander
Re: Finally got on the water for fun!

Nice one DD - and free beer too! I'm in the wrong job... :cool:

KRS

Banned

You deserve a good day, thanks for dealing with idiot punks all day.<br /><br />My father did 16 years, left as an LT, now he does forensics (much happier now).

Link

Rear Admiral

Good deal DD.. free beer is free beer I say :D

dolluper

Captain

Nise to be splitting those waves again eh!!!! Hope those kids didn't drink to much beer nah you had fruit juice for them right :D :D

KaGee

Admiral

"Found the bearings but no seal. Oh well, made one out of duct tape"<br /><br />Duct Tape....
23_11_61.gif

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Today I will have to re-pack the bearings and clean everything out before the water destroys them. That duct tape though, it works pretty good.

Ron G

Commander

free beer :) family, friends, weather, like you said the only missing was the fish,