Final Four

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Final Four

Can any one say "A-F-C". Winner of Pitt/NE game is the winner, and if you want to know who will win that one, just ask BrianFD or myself, we will tell ya!<br /><br />Go Black-n-Gold! Wish I had brought my "Terrible Towel" to Ghana! HA!

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> Can any one say "A-F-C". Winner of Pitt/NE game is the winner
Actually Speck, everyone around here is/was saying the winner of the NE/Indy game is going to be the Super Bowl champ. NE showed convincingly yesterday why they are the best TEAM in football.

KaGee

Admiral

Don't give a flip!<br /><br /><br />ONLY 35days until the DAYTONA 500!<br /><br />
18_5_1.gif

aspeck

Staff member

Pats couldn't do it before, GG. What makes you think they can do it again? Jets couldn't do it twice.<br /><br />Steelers by 17. Then they thrash the Iggles for the second time by 35 points in a boring Superbowl. The Rookie, the Bus, and the rest of the cast do it.<br /><br />GG, my condolences on your support for a loser, er, I mean, a team that is going to lose their last game of the season.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

NE are the champs until they get beat IMO.<br />love the steelers, but they are lucky to even<br />be playing again next week. jet's shoulda won...

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> Pats couldn't do it before, GG. What makes you think they can do it again? Jets couldn't do it twice.<br />GG, my condolences on your support for a loser.
Please remember Speck that we didn't have a full roster last time. One notable that was missing was Corey Dillon. I think we went into Pittsburgh 3 years ago for an AFC championship game and throttled the Steelers. Brady has never lost a post season game (7-0). Like Shannon Sharpe said yesterday "if Bill Bellichick can come up with a game plan to make Manning look bad, he should have no trouble getting into the head of a rookie QB". Odds are in NE's favor.<br /><br />Pats by 10....24-14 ;)

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

Pats again, probably, but the fun game to watch will be the Eagles/Falcons.

aspeck

Staff member

Hey Guage, the Rookie is undefeated in playoff games also! And the Steeler's Defense bring backs memories of the Steel Curtain when it wants to. I pity poor NE!<br /><br />Now that the bravado is out of the way, it really should be an interesting game. A toss up, actually, as far as I am concerned. If both teams come out and play the way they are capable of, then it will be a slugfest, with the Steelers coming out slightly ahead. I am concerned about the Rookie's head though. More pressure each week. How long till he cracks and really makes a mess of things? Hopefully for us Steeler fans that won't happen till the September or October sometime.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> mike vick + teddy bruski = bad things man... :p
ouch is right MY.. <br /><br />I never look for anyone getting injured but this combination could get ugly.. heck anyone of the Pats linebackers could make a mess.<br /><br />aspeck- cudos to the rookie tho .. he's done a great job thus far.

springhead

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Maybe the Steelers fans,Players familys, season ticket holders and everyone else there in Pittsburg should go and book their hotel and airline tickets to Jacksonville before the AFC game even starts.They did that three years ago and thought they were going to New Orleans.<br />AAHHHHHHH fond memories from a New England Patriot fan, same results this year <br />NE 24 - Pitt 17

gaugeguy

Captain

The best TEAM will win. Just remember, the Steel Curtain defense may be ranked #1 in the league, but the Pats D is #2. Mr. Ward and Mr. Burris are gonna have some serious bruises from the punishment Mr. Harrison dishes out.

aspeck

Staff member

Yeah Gauge, there will be a lot of snot flying on both sides of the ball. Both are hard hitting teams, and the winner will need a week off to heal. The loser will take a year off. I guess my biggest fear is that the winner of the game will limp into Jacksonville. But then that was said when Pittsburgh played the Iggles and the Pats back to back earlier this year. Humm, let me think ... didn't the Steelers win BOTH of those games ... yeah, that's right, they won them both! Shucks, let's just forget about the AFC playoff and Superbowl, we already beat both teams we gotta play (no offense to the Atlanta fans)!