Fiberform HIN information

fishinfooljr

Recruit
Aloha All!

I'm looking at buying an old Fiberform to fix-up and the guy selling it says it's a 1966. The HIN is 176654D and someone told me it's a 1954. Any idea what the HIN numbers and letter mean? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone know a website on Fiberform and it's boat history?

Mahalo (thank you) in advance!

slowpoke285

Recruit
Re: Fiberform HIN information

I belive hin is hull identification number, these are the numbers that are etched into the outside of hull usually on back of hull.

fishinfooljr

Recruit

The HIN is 1766654D and we know it's a 17' boat so the first 2 numbers I assume are the length. Someone told me that the last 2 numbers are the year it was built which means the boat was built in 1954.

If that's the case, what does the 666 and the D mean?

Thank you.

Last edited:

snw4me

Recruit

I'm in the same boat, so to speak, with a Fiberform HIN of FBFO2174m78D-21FS I'm hoping someone will have a resource to decode these numbers. I've heard the same comments about what people (dealers, other boaters, repair shops) THINK the numbers means but no definitive answers.

gijoe9120

Recruit

Aloha All!

I'm looking at buying an old Fiberform to fix-up and the guy selling it says it's a 1966. The HIN is 176654D and someone told me it's a 1954. Any idea what the HIN numbers and letter mean? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone know a website on Fiberform and it's boat history?

Mahalo (thank you) in advance!
if you go to
HIN-Numbers it will tell you the year and everything you need to know it was built in April of 54 is what 54d probally means